Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The New Olivia

Well I will cut right to the chase this week. I know the grandparents are dying to see pictures of Olivia. Jim and I are so proud of Olivia. She is not even 3 years old yet, very close but not yet, and she is already helping out the less fortunate children. Olivia was blessed with awesome fast growing hair. It was starting to get a little long so I started talking to her about cutting it and maybe helping out sick kids by donating her hair to Locks of Love. She immediately agreed and for several weeks she kept asking me when she was going to cut her hair and help out her sick friends at the doctor. She is seriously so sweet.

Well I decided since o was going to help out the sick friends, so was I. This is a before picture.....


Here she is getting her hair sectioned off....... To donate you have to donate at lease 10 inches!





and............................. let the cutting begin

I have to admit when Stephanie cut off the last of the 4 sections I had to control myself from balling. My eyes filled with tears. I was full of mixed emotions. I have to be honest my first thought was "what the heck have I done to our baby" My second thought was she looks so much older and my third thought was how very proud I am of her and how some little girl is going to love this hair so much and will completely change her life. After that thought I was totally fine and couldn't stop smiling.



O looks sad her but I promise she was happy the whole time. She was still super sleepy because she only had a 30 minute nap on the way to the salon.



I think she may have been confused at this point ; ) I don't know the exact measurement but I do know that Olivia had AT LEAST 12 inches cut off. What great hair you have kid!!!!!!



And then it all got better when Amy, Lauren and Ty showed up. All week Olivia kept saying mommy I get my hair cut like Warrnen (that's how she says Lauren) She couldn't have been happier to see Lauren walk in the salon.


The main reason Amy came to the salon was to pick up o and let her hang out with the kids while I got my hair done. Well they had only been gone about 15 minutes and after a deep discussion with my hair dresser we decided to wait on cutting my hair for Locks of Love. My hair would be so short, like to my ears. For those of you that know me, know that I am not a huge fan of short hair on me. I REALLY want to donate to Locks of Love so I am waiting a few months then I am going to have it cut.


Well after my quick trim I met up with Amy and the kids and we did a little shopping at TJ Maxx for Amy's new house. Every mirror that we saw o would stop and say "I am so adorable" or "my hair is so cute" She was so proud of herself. I am not kidding her attitude even changed. I told Amy she somehow managed to get even sassier if that is even possible ; ) ha ha



I let her pick out a toy for doing such a good thing. She is obsessed with dogs and purses so why not get a dog that is a purse!!!! Meet Piper the dog purse...................




She named the dog after one of her teachers who has a dog named Piper. O said "oh mommy this doggy looks just like Piper. I want to name it Piper" I didn't have the heart to tell her the purse dog looks nothing like Piper ; ) I can't believe she remembers her old teachers dogs name. This girl and her memory!!!


Check it out.............................. (notice the natural highlights she had. People pay good money for hair like that) lol














Too cute for words. Again, Jim and I could not be more proud of our baby girl. I am so glad 4 days later she still likes her short hair ; ) I have to admit I miss her long hair but I know it will grow back so fast and to know that it was for a great cause makes it even better!!


We love you Olivia Grace. We can not believe you are going to be 3 on Sunday!!! Where has the time went? We can't wait to see all the family and friends this weekend for her Cowgirl Party!!



No comments:

Post a Comment