Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Oh the excitement of Christmas Eve!!! I have been so excited for this day for awhile now. Why you ask?? Because Santa comes tonight : ) To keep up with the tradition I started for o's first Christmas I let her open her new pair of jammies today. I knew months ago I wanted her to have a very girly Christmas nightgown. I was so excited when I found the perfect one.....
How cute is this????? I love it.


To do something fun and different we decided to build a gingerbread house today. I don't remember ever building one and Jim didn't think he had either. We had so much fun!






What a beauty ; )






After building the gingerbread house it was time to make cookies for Santa. Look at our crazy kid licking the butter wrapper!! Nasty!!









Here she is getting out the reindeer food they made at school. I thought that was such a great idea!



And putting out the chocolate chip cookies we made for Santa. She wanted to leave him 5.



Oh and we can't forget the chocolate milk. She insisted we leave him chocolate rather than white









She was so excited to leave this stuff out for Santa



So it was bed time and usually I read to her and put her to bed but tonight we talked her into letting Daddy do it. I needed to find where Santa hid all the presents throughout the house over the last month or so ; ) I had so much fun looking at all the stuff Santa was bringing!

Jim said o had a little trouble going to sleep because she kept asking if Santa would be coming into her room. Jim kept saying no he would only come down the chimney and leave presents around the tree then he would leave. We actually put one of her baby gates back up in front of her bedroom door. Sometimes o wakes up in the middle of the night and will come down to our room. We were afraid she would do that tonight and would see the gifts and we would not get to see her face when she saw them.

Jim and I were so excited we decided to set the alarm for 6:15am. O usually wakes up around 7-7:30 on the weekends anymore so we wanted to get up and get the coffee on, video camera ready and Christmas music on. We were totally ready and still just sitting around at 8am with no sign of o waking up anytime soon so we decided to take down the gate and just sit on the couch and wait on her to come downstairs. Jim was in the process of taking down the gate and he thought he heard o so he opened her door and peaked in. She was sitting in her bed, lip quivering and about to cry. I heard him say oh it's ok then he yelled mommy o's awake. I went up stairs, beyond excited to get her downstairs and see what Santa brought her. I walked in to her sitting in her bed with tears in her eyes. I said "oh baby what's wrong." Bless her heart she said "I peed in my bed" We both were in shock because o does not ever pee in the bed. I said "baby why did you pee in your bed?" She said "because Santa was trying to come in my room, I heard him." Jim and I both giggled and said "no baby that was just daddy taking down the gate" She did not believe us, she still kept saying no it was Santa. Too cute!

Once we got the bed cleaned up and her all wiped down we made it downstairs. It took her a few minutes to get into it. I think she was still somewhat scared of Santa and she was embarrassed she peed in her bed.






She went straight for the cash register Santa brought her






Then onto the shopping cart she has been asking for. How stinkn' cute is this cart???















She loved the robe mommy got her



The tv she wanted along with a dvd player Santa surprised her with



Going through her huge stocking












Playing store with daddy






Poor Jim's back was hurting from bending over all day pushing the cart






Giving Daddy his gift that o picked out herself......... it was new hankies ; )



Oh look what Santa brought Daddy!!!!!



Mommy's turn



Oh what can it be?????????



Holy cow Santa did good.................... a new China Symbol for the drums. Daddy was totally surprised!!!!!!!



Ok so she had to change jammies. She finally said mommy my nightgown is a little wet. Yes it was and I knew it was but I had to get a few pictures in her nightgown that I had planned for two months! I know I am horriable!!! I swear it was only a little damp in one spot or I would not have kept it on her!!



Oh I had to share this funny story. You know I said Olivia left Santa 5 cookies right? Well when she woke up she looked at Santa's plate and he ate 4 then took a bite out of one cookie then left the rest on the plate. When she asked why I said "well I guess he got full, then I said you can finish the cookie is you want to" She looked at me and wrinkled her face and said "um no mommy Santa has germs, I don't want to eat after him" REALLY???? REALLY????? Jim and I busted out laughing. I looked at Jim, my germafobe king and said "you know you have created a monster right" She is something else!!!


Playing her new Mickey Mouse tv game. It's pretty cool, it has eduicational games on it.



So after presents were done I fixed lunch. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, deviled egges, rolls and green beans. It was very yummy. After lunch we played with toys and waited the arrival of Amy and the kids. They were in the area at the kids grandparents so we planned for them to stop by for awhile so we could do our Christmas together. We had the best time. I think Amy being a single mother really needed the comfort of good friends and us having no family here it was kind of nice to get to celebrate Christmas with the next closest thing, great friends!

Awh aren't they so cute????? O is wearing the dressup outfit Lauren picked out for her ; )



Lauren reading The Elf on the Shelf book to Olivia.



O and Ty playing store. The cash register and cart seem to be a big hit!



The kids played for awhile and us adults sat around laughing, drinking wine and watching our amazing children have fun. Ty being the curious boy kept eyeing our gingerbread house and I told him to take a big bite out of it. He just started laughign and I said no really go ahead. He tried bitting the roof off but it was kind of hard so what to do???? I got out a wooden mallett and handed it to him and I said here, beat the thing into hundreds of pieces. Ty's eyes got so big and his mouth dropped to the floor. I started laughing and said no I mean it, give it your best shot. Well of course the girls had to get in on this too. It was so cute to watch them, they had an absolute ball.






I love this picture!!! These are 3 of the best kids I know ; ) Jim and I both love Lauren and Ty. Our hearts go out to them everyday, but espeically on Christmas day. They lost their dad 2.5 years ago. Amy had done a fantastic job raising these two awesome kids all on her own. We love you Mobley family!!!!!



After Amy and the kids left we decided to hook o's tv up in her room. We took the doors off the cabinet so we wouldn't have to worry about o running into them. Look at our silly kid!!!



We ended the night with a little snack in her bed and a movie. She just thought this was something else. She really was tickled because I sat the timer on my camera and sat it on her cabinet then I ran and jumped in bed and got covered up. She just kept saying I was so silly. Yes it took about 8 takes to get a decent picture ; )



I hope everyone had a wonderful Chrsitmas. I could not be more thankful for our little family of 3. I love Jim and Olivia so much and they made our second Christmas at home so special. I love the excitement that builds up to this day but I have to say at the end of the day I was sad. I do this every year. I mean there is so much hype to this day then it's all over in a blink of an eye. I will miss doing the advent box with Olivia every morning. She would wake up so easily because she knew she could check the box for chocolate and then we would go around looking for Lucy the elf. I serioulsy had tears in my eyes tonight when Olivia told Lucy good bye until next year.

I just love the innonence and the wonder and happiness in Olivia. Thank you Lord for blessing us with a healthy, happy, wonderful daughter who fills our lives with joy and happiness!!




MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment