Friday, March 15, 2013

Randomness

Not a whole lot going on here really.  Last week I was just in a funk all week.  Very blah and no energy and no desire to do anything other than cuddle with Olivia.  I mean she is always on my mind but last week I have to admit, I hated that I am a working Mom.  I wanted nothing more last week than to be home with our sweet girl.  I swear everywhere I looked on lunch hour there were moms in their workout clothes like they just got done at the gym and they were hanging out with their kids shopping and talking about where they were going to eat.  Shamely I admit.... I hated everyone of them!!  I seriously walked out of Marshall's in tears last Friday because I wanted that!!!  We spend so much time away from Olivia and last week it hit me hard.  Let me clarify though, I am not putting down stay at home mom's by any means.  They work just as hard, if not harder, than us non-stay at home moms.  I was just longing for the time with Olivia.  I know in my heart that me being a working mom is perfectly fine for our family.  Olivia has learned so much at her school and has had such awesome Christian values instilled in her, things I would have never thought to teach a toddler.  Her personality has developed so much due to her teachers and friends at school.  I also have to say, my bond with Olivia is probably stronger since I work.  I say that because I try to eat up every minute when we are together.  It makes it more special I think. 

Anyway, now that I am tears again ; )  I will share some pictures with you.  This one I was being silly in the car.  This was last week and probably the only day I smiled all week.  I was so excited it was sunny and so excited it was time to go get Olivia from school ; )


After I picked up Olivia from school we went to the store and bought some goodies for dinner and some bakery desserts.  lol  I just felt the need to capture the moment.  I can't explain how humbled I was to spend this time with Olivia.  She is my world!

Olivia brought this home from school the other day.  I mean we are so impressed.  This is fantastic for a 4 year old.  I don't think I could do this until I was in 1st grade!!! 

Saturday we went to one of her classmates birthday parties.  It was at a jumper place.  She had a ball.  She was so proud of her self for going down this slide.  Man that thing went super duper fast



Her sidekick Zoie.  They have been best friends since day one.  Literally.  They started in the newborn class and have been in the same class ever since. 

I took this one night after school.  We were in her room to get her changed and she just sat down like this.  I just stared at her thinking, when did you become so mature and so big????? 

This was Sunday getting ready for our run/walk.  I was getting ready for my 5mile run so I told O to put on her running clothes and we could go for a run with Annabelle first.  She loved it and looked super stinkn' cute too.  She had to get some new running shoes so she was very excited to try them out.  She was so funny, she told me before we left she needed to eat yogurt to be ready for her run.  Too funny because Jim and I neither one eat yogurt. 
Our poor kid needs a bang trim like no other!!!  I trim them a little at a time but our hair girl does the best job.  Too bad she is 40 minutes from our house.  I have taken her somewhere close to the house before and they chopped them up.  I mean I seriously do a better job.  Maybe soon we can make it to our hair girl.


Funny story from this week:
I had to drop Olivia off at school and of course we were running late because that is not in my normal morning routine.  We got to her class and I was signing her in and she looked at her teacher and said "my mommy is running late today, we don't have time jack around"  I can not stop laughing.  I couldn't even look up at her teacher I just looked at o and smiled and said Olivia you can't talk like that at school.  I had apparently said that during the morning.   This kid is a sponge.  She remembers everything and knows when to use it at the proper times.  Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment