My Goals:
1. Stop spending and start saving - I shop at the cheap stores like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshall's but maybe a little too much. $5, 10, 15 here and there add up to a lot. We do not need half the crap I buy. It just stinks that my hobbies consist of shopping for Olivia and decorating our house. I have done pretty well the first 9 days so far but man it's going to be a long year ; )
2. Be a better mom and wife - I don't by any means think I am horrible at either of these but there is always room for improvement. I sometimes need to have more patience.
3. Make better choices in the words I use around Olivia - I sometimes tend to cus and I don't even realize it. I have been like that for a long time and now that I have someone who looks up to me and is so influential, I need to set a better example.
I could ad a few more to my list but....... baby steps!!! ; ) I know that I can improve on these areas and maybe now that I have typed them out and shared them with a lot of people, I will make a more conscience effort to meet my goals.
Ok now to the fun stuff........ This weekend was fun. Saturday the three of us went bowling with Amy and her kids. The 3 kids had never been before. They had a ball. We played two games then we all came back to the house and they spent the night with us. It is so fun to sit back and watch the kids play. Sunday Jim got up around 7:30 with all 3 kids and let Amy and I sleep in. He even had breakfast made for all of us when Amy and I got up around 8:45. That was so sweet he let us moms sleep in. Thanks Jim!!!
Friday night I was picking out clothes for Olivia to wear bowling Saturday and I picked out these boots. She just had to put them on right then. She wanted to take off her pants so she could see her boots. I put them on and was messing around in her closet. When I stepped out I found her doing this......
Such a big girl
She was so excited for Amy and the kids to get to the house. She climbed on her toy box and watched for them out the window. I have never seen her do this before. It was so cute.
Picking out the perfect bowling ball
Is it right to look this cute to go bowling????? ha ha
Her buddy Lauren. She used to call her Wee Wee but now she can kinda say her name. It comes out Warnen
Her first bowl ever. Her score was a 63. Not bad for a 2 year old

Can we say like Father like Daughter????? I have never noticed how much their smiles are the same. O usually smiles big but this is just funny and cute how much they look alike.
As much as sassafras liked bowling, she was pretty into the nachos and cheese. I am pretty sure she ate almost the whole thing by herself.




How funny is this?? I guess she noticed some people lift their leg while bowling so she started doing it. Too cute!!!!

By the second game she was so tired bless her heart. We did not go until after 2pm and she had not had a nap yet. She was done. Luckily we had no one next to us because o decided to just lay down and rest.

After bowling it was time to run around the house and be wild. They had the best time.

Ok so look at this picture. It was taken on her 1st bday 8/28/09. Now look at the one below taken this weekend at 28 months.

What a difference a year makes. Our baby is not so much a baby anymore. She looks like such a big girl here. Kinda makes me sad.
We watched the pitiful Colts vs Jets playoff game. Darn it Colts!!!!!! They lost by one stinking point. Bummer!!! Here is o most likely booing the final score ; )

Playing Candyland

Lauren is like a mother hen. She literally fed o an entire bowl of Lucky Charms. It was pretty cute.

So the girls wanted to sleep together in o's toddler bed. I warned Lauren that o is a major wiggle worm but she was brave and tried it. We checked on the girls around 12:30 and found this. I had to take a picture. Not sure how these two didn't wake up because me, Jim and Amy were standing over them laughing and I was taking this picture. Around 2am we were still up and heard Lauren yell "help" She had had enough when she woke up with o's elbow in her throat. Poor Lauren.


Well it is so past my bedtime. It is 10:35 and as I am typing this I am watching the news and they have seriously closed 85% of the schools for tomorrow. I sit here laughing because there is not a drop of snow out there. They expect some over night so as usual TN schools are being very proactive and closing schools once again. I so do not look forward to this when o gets in school. How do some of these parents do it? Kind of inconvenient.
Can we say like Father like Daughter????? I have never noticed how much their smiles are the same. O usually smiles big but this is just funny and cute how much they look alike.
As much as sassafras liked bowling, she was pretty into the nachos and cheese. I am pretty sure she ate almost the whole thing by herself.
How funny is this?? I guess she noticed some people lift their leg while bowling so she started doing it. Too cute!!!!
By the second game she was so tired bless her heart. We did not go until after 2pm and she had not had a nap yet. She was done. Luckily we had no one next to us because o decided to just lay down and rest.
After bowling it was time to run around the house and be wild. They had the best time.
Ok so look at this picture. It was taken on her 1st bday 8/28/09. Now look at the one below taken this weekend at 28 months.
We watched the pitiful Colts vs Jets playoff game. Darn it Colts!!!!!! They lost by one stinking point. Bummer!!! Here is o most likely booing the final score ; )
Playing Candyland
Lauren is like a mother hen. She literally fed o an entire bowl of Lucky Charms. It was pretty cute.
So the girls wanted to sleep together in o's toddler bed. I warned Lauren that o is a major wiggle worm but she was brave and tried it. We checked on the girls around 12:30 and found this. I had to take a picture. Not sure how these two didn't wake up because me, Jim and Amy were standing over them laughing and I was taking this picture. Around 2am we were still up and heard Lauren yell "help" She had had enough when she woke up with o's elbow in her throat. Poor Lauren.
Well it is so past my bedtime. It is 10:35 and as I am typing this I am watching the news and they have seriously closed 85% of the schools for tomorrow. I sit here laughing because there is not a drop of snow out there. They expect some over night so as usual TN schools are being very proactive and closing schools once again. I so do not look forward to this when o gets in school. How do some of these parents do it? Kind of inconvenient.
Have a great week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment