Sorry I know it has been a while since my last post. We have been busy the last few weeks.
May 26th was Olivia day in her class. Each kid got a "day" this month where they could bring something special and the whole day was spent learning the letters of that child's name and things that they like. Olivia wore an "I love Olivia" shirt. She looked so cute. I told her we could bring something for snack time for her friends and when I asked her what she wanted to bring she immediately screamed M&M's : ) She also handed out hot air balloon cards to all of her friends. It has a picture of one of my dad's balloons and has a prayer on the back. The duck was to add to the Noah's Ark they made. They each could bring in a stuffed animal to put in it.
This day was nothing special other than I thought she looked absolutely adorable ; )
May 27th was a horrible day!! We got a call that my father in-laws long time girlfriend Nancy, Olivia's Nanna, passed away. We were all just shocked and in disbelief. Still as I am writing this two weeks after the fact I sit here and cry and just feel an empty spot in my heart. Nancy and Jim started dating 16 years ago. Although they never married she was family. Over the years my Jim and I grew very close to her. I swear Nancy could do anything and make anything. She was truly a remarkable woman. It truly saddens me that Olivia will not to get to grow up with her Nanna. Nancy absolutely loved Olivia and treated her as one of her own grandkids. Every where we went Nancy would point to something and say "Olivia needs that" ; ) It was pretty funny. And half the time, well Nancy would get it for her ; )
Nancy and I were big shopping buddies. When we were together we were always going to some sort of store, flea market, craft show. You name it, we were there. We also liked to watch The Home and Garden channel together. We were always finding new ideas on there and ways to update the house and annoy our Jim's ; ) I will miss those moments with her. Although I don't understand why God takes people when he does and saying goodbye is not easy, I do know that Nancy is not hurting anymore. She will never be in pain again and that is what we have to keep reminding ourselves when we feel sad.
Nancy/Nanna we love you will all our hearts and you are truly missed. Until we meet again....

Although our Memorial weekend started off rough we did enjoy the company of Jim's mom and Bill and Angie and Skyler. Saturday morning Angie and I got up early and met a couple of my friends at the flea market. Angie and I dedicated that trip to Nancy!
Later that day we went to Arrington Vineyards to celebrate Janet's birthday. It was kind of hot but not too bad once the sun was not on you. A little family time, wine and food. It was fun.
Love this picture
CHEESE
This was taken by none other than Olivia herself
Sunday the guys played golf and us girls shopped a little. When we all got back to the house we grilled out and celebrated Janet's birthday. I make her a "Holy Cow" cake. It turned out pretty good considering it was my first time making it. It was very rich but good.
Monday we all slept in a little bit. Here is Mama and O talking about the birds and the bees......not THAT kind of birds and bees people!!! The actual animals ; )
Monday I packed a bag for O and I and we headed back to Louisville with Janet and Bill. They took us to dinner that night to Texas Roadhouse. I love that place!! Look at my crazy kid here!! She is so silly. I taught her to do her fingers and say rock on man. Now when she hears music, this is what she does........
This picture is so cute
Oh yeah and I almost forgot Olivia all of the sudden Friday night wanted to go to the potty and wear big girl panties. Can you believe she told us like 8 times that night she had to go to the potty and believe it or not she went every single time and never once wet her panties!! We can not believe it. She went all weekend without being wet. She even told me twice at the restaurant she had to go. I can't believe she actually went since of course I didn't have her potty chair and she had to use the big potty. We are so proud of her!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment