Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Fun

Hello all, Happy Thanksgiving. I can not believe today is Thanksgiving!!! Does not seem right. I did not get a chance to do a post last Sunday so I thought I would play catch up today.

Monday night we introduced Elf on the Shelf to Olivia. Have any of you heard of this? I had not until the end of the xmas season last year and I thought it was too late then but I knew I wanted to do it this year. You buy the book, read it to your kid(s) and it tells a story about how a special elf with magical powers has been assigned to you. The book explains that each night while the child is sleeping, your elf will fly back to the North Pole and report to Santa and before the child wakes up the elf is back. The elf will go to a different place in the house each night. We are not allowed to touch the elf or it will loose it's magical powers.

At the end of the story the child has to name their elf in order for the elf to show up at your house the next morning. This took us a little while to come up with a name. We ended up going to the fridge to Olivia's magnetic letters and had her just randomly pick some. After about 15 minutes she had the letters L and U up there. I said how about we call her LuLu. Olivia jumps up and down and said I wanna call her Lucy! PERFECT!!!!
Introducing Lucy the elf.................. Olivia was so excited Tuesday morning when she woke up and found Lucy had arrived.


Here she is Wednesday morning. Olivia was really concerned that Lucy was starving and that she needed to eat. We explained to her that Lucy eats dinner with Santa when she fly's back to tell him what a good girl Olivia was that day ; )



Crazy Lucy..............

I must say Lucy has been a great addition to our household. Olivia is pretty much always a good girl but lets face it she's 3 and has her moments. All we have to do is say Lucy is watching. She says "no Lucy, I be a good girl" ; ) This usually makes o change her attitude right away. Everyday she tells Lucy she loves her and blows her kisses. When we get home from school she runs to her and says "Lucy I be good girl at school today. I got all smiley faces" It's too precious!

Last weekend we went to Vincennes to visit with Jim's Dad and do Thanksgiving dinner. Saturday we took her to see Santa then we went for a carriage ride. She loved it!!!






Jim and Diana (I think we hit a bump when I took this because it turned out blurry) Angie's i with us too. She is up with the driver ; )









We parked several blocks from the car and it was so windy on the way back. Look at O's hair!!!


Saturday night we did Thanksgiving dinner. It was good. Big Jim slaved away all night checking on the Turkey ; ) He still won't give out his secret recipe for it ; ) After dinner we went to their Uncle Archies house. We all played pool. We had a big tournament and well yeah I lost. Shawn ended up winning. I somehow did not take one picture of us playing pool. Sorry!

Sunday Archie, Becky, Shawn and Trevor came over for Thanksgiving dinner. Yes we had two dinners ; ) Becky brought her homemade noodles and holy cow I could have eaten the entire huge pot she made ; ) Olivia had fun playing with Trevor. Here they are acting like dogs ; )



The Westfall boys, minus Uncle Archie



Here they are walking dogs. They used Olivia's necklaces as dog leashes ; )



Papaw the tickle monster






Wednesday November 23rd was mine and Jim's 9th Anniversary. Wow, 9 years!!! Seems like just a few years, not 9. Hard to believe we met back in 1996 two young, crazy, partying college kids and now we are actually adults with real jobs, bills and a kid. WOW!!! I must say I have enjoyed every minute of it. Jim and I complement each other very much. We are like mustard and ketchup, lettuce and dressing, ice cream and hot fudge........... you get my drift.......... we go well together ; ) James Alan Westfall, I love you with all my heart. I know we have our moments when we get on each other's nerves but at the end of the day we can usually laugh it off and get over it. I can not wait to grow old with you and watch our beautiful daughter grow up.

November 23rd 2002



November 23rd 2011 (Olivia took this picture of us. She did prett well)



Today is Thanksgiving and we spent it as our little family of 3. It was such a stress free relaxed day. We slept in until about 8am. When we woke up Olivia asked for doughnuts. Well what's a dad to do but go get his princess doughnuts ; ) We ate those along with bacon and coffee to tie us over for awhile. We messed around the house doing laundry and playing with Olivia. She went down for a nap around 12pm and I started cooking. I made deviled eggs, ham, green beans wrapped in bacon, rolls, mashed potatoes and a chocolate chip pie for desert. We enjoyed our meal and for some reason it was not stressful at all and the dishes seemed minimal. I was happy about that ; )



Here is what Sassafras picked out to wear today............ doesn't really match but somehow she still looked cute ; )

Here she is watching the Macy's day parade. Gosh I love this parade!!!



Here she is eating. She was an Indian



Then she was a Pilgrim ; )




After the dishes were done I sat down and looked at the 50lbs of sale ad's. You have no idea how much I look forward to looking at these ad's!!!! I get so excited and I seriously look at them 2-3 times. It's so weird because I don't even really go shopping on black Friday. I mean I usually make it out later in the morning but I don't get up and get out at 12am like the rest of these fools. I just enjoy looking at what's out there. I know I'm weird ; ) Well who am I kidding, if my mom were here I would totally drag her out for the 12am shopping experience ; ) Geez Starbucks isn't even open then. I would have to down some Dr. Pepper for sure. lol ; )

While I was doing that Jim and Olivia were kind of quite. I thought they were asleep. Nope, this is what they were doing.........................................

Painting their nails with her rubber stamps. Not sure who came up with that idea but they both thought it was hilarious!!!!

Oh yeah and o did daddy's hair too




I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving day as much as I did. I feel so blessed to have such a great life, wonderful friends and a great family.




Let the Christmas Shopping begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this time of year ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment