It was so hard going back to work. I felt lost all week without being with o every second of every day!! The first weekend home we did absolutely nothing!!! Jim and I both did not feel well all weekend. I did not even step foot outside all weekend! We slept a lot and played a lot with o. You know I didn't feel well because I only took 4 pictures all week. Here she is having fun and singing....... Look at her funny jammies that match so well ; )
I did muster up enough energy to make sugar cookies with Olivia
She had a ball putting the icing and sprinkles on
On 1/12 we actually got a little snow. I was beyond thrilled. I was at working squealing like a kid. I mean it was snowing so hard it was like I was in a snow globe. It was awesome ; ) Olivia had to step out on the deck when we got home. She was very excited too.
She just had to eat some snow
Well maybe it wasn't a good idea to let her stay on the deck for 5 minutes because that night at 2am she woke up crying with a 102.2 temp. Poor thing! We knew right then I would be staying home with her. So glad I did. She stayed curled up with me all day. She kept her temp a lot of the day and even got sick. Our poor poor girl!! Here she is enjoying a cool pad on her head and eating a freeze pop.
Look at those rosy red cheeks
Even when she is so sick she still smiles. Gotta love this girl!
Saturday she woke up and she was perfectly fine. I think she just had a little 12 hour bug or something. She wanted to go shopping. I was very hesitant but I made a deal with her. I told her she had to ride in the cart or stroller if she wanted to go. I didn't want her to over do it and exhaust herself. Here she is playing her new leap frog game while I was getting ready. Too cute!
Well believe it or not she had $50 to spend and she did not fine one thing at Toys R Us. I mean what kid can't find a toy at one of the biggest toy stores???? Plus when we were at Target I let her look at the toys there. Good to know she doesn't just blow money!!! It was funny, we were going to bed that night and she said momma can we go back to Target tomorrow so I can pick out some toys? I had to laugh. I swear she is just like me, she can not make a decision when it comes to what to spend her money on. Of course I told her yes we could go back. You know I love me some Target ; )
Well she finally made some decisions. She got a case for her leap frog, a tank top (she is obsessed with tank tops all of the sudden), a headband, a new rock n' roll baby and some sippy cups for her babies. I think she did quit well for $50. I literally only had to give her like 35 cents to pay for this. She was so cute walking up to the register. She looked hilarious whipping out a $50 bill. The cashier at Target just kept going on and on about how adorable o is and what a big girl she was. You could totally tell Olivia was so proud of herself ; )
Monday the 16th her school was closed for MLK day so her and Daddy hung out all day. They had a ball. The rest of the week was kind of long. I still have some sort of sinus infection. I guess I need to suck it up and go to the doctor. Olivia seems to be feeling better. She actually has a little cold/sinus problems herself but it doesn't seem to be bothering her.
Again this weekend, 21-22, we did nothing. Saturday we played babies all day and Sunday we made a trip to Target. I seem to be sensing a pattern here ; ) I had to return something. Oh and Jim gave Olivia $1 to pick something out at the $1 spot. She could not make up her mind. We stood there for 20 minutes deciding what to get. She wanted a headband but they only had two kinds, one she has and one she didn't like. She puts her hand on her hip and says "well this just sucks" OMG it took every ounce of my body not to bust out laughing. I did very well. I bent over and said Olivia Grace we can not say that. She looked at me serious as can be and said "well it does" Goodness she is too funny! I said I know honey but the word "sucks" is an ugly word we shouldn't say that. I don't think Jim and I say that word but we must of said it at some point for her to know it.
We had pretty warm weather this weekend. It was 65 Sunday. Crazy!!!!
Once again I slacked on taking pictures this week. Here is Olivia enjoying some hot chocolate. She can't seem to take a drink without getting all over herself.

Here she is loving on Pebbles. She kept saying "Pebbles is my best friend"
Here she is loving on Pebbles. She kept saying "Pebbles is my best friend"
Just like last year I am not making any resolutions, I set Goals for myself. Here were my goals for 2011:
1. Stop spending and start saving - I shop at the cheap stores like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshall's but maybe a little too much. $5, 10, 15 here and there add up to a lot. We do not need half the crap I buy. It just stinks that my hobbies consist of shopping for Olivia and decorating our house. I have done pretty well the first 9 days so far but man it's going to be a long year ; )
- Well I have to say I did ok on this. Now don't get me wrong, there is still room for improvement but I for sure did better this year than I have in years past!
2. Be a better mom and wife - I don't by any means think I am horrible at either of these but there is always room for improvement. I sometimes need to have more patience.
- I guess I should ask Jim and Olivia on this one ; ) I think I did decent. I must be doing something right or Olivia wouldn't be the good kid that she is.
3. Make better choices in the words I use around Olivia - I sometimes tend to cus and I don't even realize it. I have been like that for a long time and now that I have someone who looks up to me and is so influential, I need to set a better example.
- Um this one is for sure questionable ; ) I did do better by cutting out most cus words but I still can't kick the habit of saying SOB. I have gotten a little better but apparently not too good because Olivia has said it a few times.
I think for this year I am going to stick with the exact same goals. I think I should especially since I didn't meet them 100%. 22 days into this year I would say I am doing ok so far ; )
Well that is all for now. I will try and keep up once a week with the blog again. It was tough during the holidays and well so far in January I have just been too lazy ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment