Dad is still doing the mini. I wanted to do it with him but there is no way on earth I could ever complete that with only four weeks of training. Jim has been doing very well with his training. I am not sure how he is a smoker and a drinker but can kick my ass. Makes me feel good.......NOT!!!!! ; ) I tease Jim all the time about this, but really I am so proud of him and so glad that he is doing this with me. Dewayne would also be so proud of his brother in-law.
It took me awhile to be able to run over a mile without stopping. Well last week I ran 2 miles without stopping and it felt SO good. I was so proud of myself. The entire time I wanted to stop, my body ached, I was out of breath but I kept saying to myself "come on Dewayne, help me out bro, I am doing this for you and I need your help" I know in my heart Dewayne watched over me that day and gave me the strength to carry on. I felt so good after that run. It was the first time I had felt some sort of peace since March 14th.
I am such a dork, I made Jim take my picture after my 2 miles ; )
Of course Sassafras had to get in there too. Look at her, she has her jammies on with high heels
So here is her latest and greatest toy. We bought this from my friend Amy and Olivia has just loved it.
It even has FM radio
This thing actually goes pretty fast. Jim and I can walk a fast pace and keep up with her. She loves to drive it down to the park. This day she saw her new friend Brandon at the park. He wanted to get in so bad but was hesitant at first because it was pink. He said his mom's boyfriend would make fun of him. I said Brandon pink is just a color, get in and have fun. He finally got in and they had a ball. I swear they were like an old married couple. Olivia hasn't gotten the steering part down yet so she would constantly hit things. Brandon finally yelled "stop the car and let me drive" It was too funny!!!!
After a little driving it was time for the swings. I swear she could swing all day if we would let her
So I haven't been much into craft's lately but I did do one small one the other day. Check out this shoe of Olivia's that is ruined from the playground at school...........
One would think you would have to throw it away right? WRONG!!!
VIOLA, the same shoe with a different look
Can you guess what it is?????? Duct Tape. They make all kinds of pretty patterns now. I mean how genius is this???? Olivia wore them to school the other day and they held up great. I even had a mom stop me and say "omg I love her shoes" That made my day really. The best part is, I can just tear a new strip off if she gets it dirty or it rips off. I would like to take credit for this genius idea but I can't. I saw it online. I forget the blog I saw it on, or I would totally give that lady credit.
Here we are Sunday hanging out after my run and waiting on Daddy to get back from his. She looks like such a big girl in this picture
Now she has a huge wad of gum
Still has gum. Man that is some face for gum chewing. She must have a little too much in there ; ) lol
Now it's on to chalk time
Here she wanted to show off her sparkly rainbow and her cute shoes ; )
Then I had the bright idea of letting her take Pebbles for a ride. It only lasted a minute since Pebbles could not stay in the seat. Every time O pushed the gas, Pebbles would fall down. I swear Pebbs is smiling in this picture. lol
Too cute. So mad this one turned out blurry. I took it while I was walking. I guess I should have stopped!
After the jeep ride it was bubble time
and slide time
That about wraps up our weekend. I made up for not taking pictures lately huh? ; ) Wish us luck on our 5k race this weekend. My goal is to do it without walking. I will be so angry with myself if I have to walk. I am looking forward to spending time with my parents. I miss them so much right now and I know we all need each other now more than ever!!!























Yay! I'm so excited to see that you made the fun duct tape shoes! I saw that you're a new follower of my blog, so I thought I'd stop by and I was pleasantly surprised to see these cute shoes! The greatest part is that if they get scuffed up again you can just slap some more duct tape on! Thanks for sharing!Good luck with your race! :)
ReplyDeleteOMG it's the genius herself ; ) lol I am so glad I know now it was you with the brillant duct tape idea!! I could not remember for the life of me where I saw it. I tend to blog surf at work a lot but forgot who's blog it was on. Thanks! Oh and yes I will need all the luck I can get on this race : ) lol
ReplyDelete