Monday, June 4, 2012

Memorial Weekend

It was kind of hard going back to work after our awesome vacation.  I for sure needed it though I did notice I came back to work with a more positive attitude.  That's always good ; )

Well to kick of the three day Holiday weekend, Olivia's class had Farmers Day on Friday.  Let me just tell you how cute this little girl looked.  Well see for yourself.......  ; )




They were to bring a farm animal to share with the class.  Of course sassy here picked out the "princess pig"  that talks and says things like "I am a pretty princess"  "Love it"  "I wanna go to a princess party"  I mean would we expect anything less??  lol





This is totally random but this was the find of the week......
I was SO excited!!!  I totally hate for my food to touch.  I know I am weird but I can not stand for things like corn and mashed potatoes to get mixed together, or juice from like green beans to run into my other food.  NASTY!!  Anyway I found this adult size divider plate at Walmart for $1.  I even yelled out "sweet" when I saw it ; )  I know I am a dork but I just had to share it with you!


Saturday night we met our friends Alison and Justin and their kids for a little jazz on the lawn at Beechaven winery.  It was a little hot but overall it was a nice evening!  There were tons of people there since it was a holiday weekend.  We used to go here a decent amount but since we had Olivia we haven't been.  This place is in Clarksville right by Ft. Campbell so they are very loyal to their soldiers.  The owner said some nice words about how we should all be thankfull for our soldiers and the freedom they provide for us.  He had all of them stand up so everyone could clap to show appreciation.  I was so proud to get to see Jim stand up.  I didn't know Jim when he was in the Army but I am still very proud of him.  I did get very teary eyed during all of this thinking about Dewayne and how he served our country in Iraq.  We thought at the time him being gone a year was so long and we weren't going to make it without him.  Now look where we are, he is no longer on this earth at all.  Looking back that year doesn't seem so bad compared to a lifetime of not getting to see him. 

Here is the stage.  They do it up right here ; )



Ok there are two things wrong with this picture can you guess????  Well the first obvious one is he is sitting with an empty glass ; ) ha ha  and second he is just chilln' with a doll.  Too funny!

Olivia of course loved the music.  She danced her little self away all night

Olivia took this picture of us.  Not too bad

And she took this one of me



Alison dancing with Olivia and her son Jarod


Look at our crazy child








Break it down lady!!!




The boys.  This is Justin and their other son Erik.  He is too cute and a very happy baby


We had such a fun time with Alison and her family.  Alison and I met at work back in 2005 and have been friend ever since.  She and Justin are such good people.  They will do anything for anyone and they are so genuine.  It's nice to have friends like that!


Sunday we went to Amy's.  Her subdivision has a huge pool.  It was hot out so it was nice to spend several hours in the water.  The kids had a ball.


Lauren and Olivia taking a snack break





Jimbo was having fun too ; )

After swimming we went back to Amy's for a cook out and let the kids play.  The other little girl is also named Olivia.  The girls were playing on the John Deer car.  I told Amy I hope this is not a preview of what it will be like when they are 16!  These girls were cracking us up.  Here is Lauren trying to move the car since our Olivia was about to curb it.

Here is the other Olivia saying "forget this I am running for my life"  and our Olivia telling her to run the other way.  And Lauren bless her heart still trying to push the car.  Not sure why they didn't just put it in reverse but this was way to entertaining to suggest that to them ; )

oh the other Olivia decided to brave it and come back.  Lauren is yelling "what the heck mom we can't get this" 

Finally they made it on the sidewalk.  Look who is now driving ; )  lol.  They all look mad don't they?


Sassy running around having a good time.  I love this picture.  She is air born! 


We had such a wonderful weekend with friends.  We are so blessed to have good people in our lives. 

Thank you to all who have served our country and made things like having friends and our freedom possible.

God bless you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment