Thursday morning we woke up and headed for a walk alongside the ocean. There was a coffee place about a mile away we wanted to try. It was beautiful out. We actually were sweating by the time we got there but darn it we were going to have some hot coffee ; ) lol
This is the name of the coffee place. The name does not lie.... it was so good!! Jim and I had a white and dark chocolate Carmel latte. It was SO good!
After coffee we went next door to a winery. It was cute they had little glasses and grape juice for the kids to try. Olivia could not understand why they only put a little bit in her glass though ; ) ha ha
After the walk back to the condo it was time to suit up
I swear it looks like she's doing yoga or something ; )
Olivia was so proud when she found this shell. There are pretty much no shells on the Destin beaches.
Apparently I was having a really good time here ; ) lol
Thursday night before dinner.
Thursday night we went to the store and got a couple of things for our final day and our trip home
Friday, well since it was our last day we hit the beach again! Have you noticed I love pictures of her little booty? lol. She just looks so precious!
While at the store Thursday night she picked out this net to play with on the beach
This picture absolutely cracks me up! She was just resting in the sun. I LOVE IT!
Daddy finally convinced her to ride the boat in the water. Once she got out there, she loved it. There were a few big waves she went over.
Can you tell she liked it???? It's always a good sign when she throws up the "rock on" fingers ; )
After a long day at the beach we took a nap and then I made my two cuties get dressed up for some almost sun set pictures. Jim just loves getting dolled up for pictures. NOT! Lol hence the glass of wine. Hey whatever it takes to make Daddy happy ; )
It was windy so my hair was blowing around. It looks like I have a black eye but it's really a strand of hair
I love this picture!!! This will be getting enlarged ; )
If you haven't noticed, Olivia is at that stage where she does the squint eye and wrinkled nose when it's time to take pictures. If she's laughing and having fun she is fine but when I say to smile for the camera this is what I have been getting lately ; )
We had our feet in the water and apparently a lady was watching us play around because she came up to us and said you all are just too cute together, give me your camera and I'll take family pictures. Awh that was nice. I have to admit the scene from "European Vacation" popped in my head where the guy steals the Griswalds camera ; ) Luckily that didn't happen or the redneck in me would have come out for sure ; ) My camera is like my second child!
For our last night there we went to Bubba Gump for dinner. It was ok. We wish we had done something different but oh well.
This cracks me up......Jim as Forrest Gump ; )
I realized as we were walking out the door of our condo that I never took any pictures inside. Here is the one I snapped before we shut the door. This place was absolutely perfect for us!!
Our view out the front door
Well that sums up our awesome first family vacation just the 3 of us. We all enjoyed every second of it. We did not give work one thought and we were able to focus on just the three of us. I would like to say it was all care free but I have to admit I did spend a lot of time thinking about Dewayne while I was sitting on the beach. My heart is still broken and I am still in a constant state of confusement and an emptiness inside. I hope Dewayne was looking down watching his beautiful niece having fun.
I truly feel lucky that I am the mother of Olivia and the wife to Jim. I love these two more than I could ever explain. Our trip was just perfect and I am so glad the three of us just mesh so well as a family. We are a family full of smiles and laughter.

































No comments:
Post a Comment