I would love to finish the race around 2 1/2 hours but I would be ok with 2:45. I am there to have fun and take it all in but I do want to have a goal time. If I don't get my goal time, I will still be ok with that as long as I finish. I just thought to help me stay motivated throughout the race I could have a goal time in mind.
Here is our training schedule for the next 12 weeks:
Since starting running in April 2012 I have met goals I have never thought were possible. First of all the fact that I am still running almost a year later is impressive to me. The first mile I did I had to walk most of it because I could barely run 1/8 of a mile without passing out. That first mile I did took me 14 minutes. Throughout the summer I averaged about 11 minute miles. Still not great but that was ok. In November I hit 9:27 minute miles. I mean I never in a million years thought I could do that in 2 years let alone 8 months. My goal since day one has been to get in the 8 minute mile. I will even be fine with 8:59. lol I just want to get in the 8 minute category. That is my running goal for this year. I am keeping a positive attitude and outlook that I will at least once this year run a mile at 8:59 or better.
Here are some little inspiring and funny running motivators that make me smile ; )
Love this one. I smile and giggle every time ; )
“It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not
to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is
against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit.”
― George Sheehan
Well wish us luck the next 12 weeks. I know we can do it and I look forward to every minute of it. Hopefully all our hard work will pay off.
Well I am out out of here, about to go run my first 3 miles of my training program ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment