I added the scarecrow and pumpkin to make it fun for Olivia. It's hard to see but I added a fancy bow to the hat just for O ; ) I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
After I finished it was time to pick up Olivia. She was excited to be a car rider and not a bus rider that day. lol She just looks so cute and so grown up walking out of school to find me.
Olivia's 5 year appointment went great. She is healthy as could be. She had to get two shots this time. She was actually excited about it. She kept talking about it and that she couldn't wait. Silly girl. She actually laughed the entire time she got her shots. From the time of them getting her legs ready, during the acutal shot and afterwards when they put the band-aids on there. The male nurse just looked at her and smiled and said well that's a first.........he said no kid had ever laughed at a shot. He was totally impressed. I think O is like me.......sometimes when she is nervous she just laughs. I do the same thing and have done that for as long as I can remember.
Stats:
41.7 lbs
44 inches tall
20/20 vision
perfect hearing
So good to hear. I was totally impressed watching her do the vision test. It seemed hard for a 5 year old but she rocked it!!!
After her shots we stopped by Starbucks for an afternoon treat ; )
I had planned on us running some errands if she felt good and sure enough she did. She said her legs hurt a little bit so we brought the stroller. lol I know she is 5 and too big for a stroller but oh well you do what you have to do to keep everyone happy ; ) Olivia really needs jeans and it's hard to buy them when she's not with me since they are all made so differently. We went jean shopping and bday shopping for my mom. We actually had a lot of fun. We went into a ton of stores but didn't buy much. Just looked around.
Saturday we slept in and I set out for a 7 mile run. I only ended up doing 4.5 miles. Two reasons....... 1. My legs were super sore and kept cramping up. I think I was dehydrated. 2. I noticed about 3 miles into my run that I was being followed by a guy in a black truck. He followed me up until right before I got home. I turned down one road ran far enough that he saw me go down there but then I sprinted back the way I came and headed home. He didn't see me turn around. It was so bad that I finally took my headphones off and put my phone in my hand and had the keypad up to dial 911. It was scarry but more than anything it pissed me off!!!! I don't like that as a female I can't go out for a run without feeling safe. I don't want to run on a stupid treadmill or run with a buddy. I want to run by myself, where I want and when I want to. Ugh, I am getting mad all over again just thinking about it!!!
Saturday during the day we didn't do much but hang out. We grilled out that night we were going to do a camp fire as Olivia calls it, but she fell asleep right after we ate.
Sunday it rained all day. I got out the Halloween tubs and went to do laundry and found Olivia like this when I walked back into the room:
lol that is my head piece from when I was a ballerina a age 7 and the cape was Dewayne's one year and he went as Captain D. Too cute.
Next she found my clown outfit from when I was younger. I am creeped out by clowns but she has to be the most adorable and least scarry clown I have ever seen ; )
I have never been a huge fan of decorating for Halloween but I added a few things to make it fun for Olivia this year. I think my little witch tree turned out kind of cute ; ) I just added the feet and hat but it needed something so I added one of Olivia's Princess crown's. Perfect touch if I do say so myself ; )
Next up is the little witch in her room
and lastly a little touch to her bathroom
Just a few little touches but Olivia seemed to like it so that's all that matters ; )
A couple of funny Olivia stories from this week:
1. Friday night we were at Target and she had just said she was ready to go home. I said ok but I turned down another aisle and so serious she huffed and puffed and said "oh great balls of fire" Too funny!!! She makes me laugh, silly girl.
2. Her teacher uses the behavior color chart so if the kids are good they move their clips up to the good colors but if they are bad they have to move them down. Well I can tell Olivia is a lot more comfortable at school these days because she has been getting on yellow (which is not a good color) for part of the day. I asked her why and she said for talking out loud. I said well you have to raise your hand honey. She says but Mom I hold my hand up there forever and Mrs. Schot doesn't call on me and my hand gets so tired so I yell out the answer because I know I am right. lol I guess we could have bigger problems ; )
3. Sometimes when she wants to talk to Jim, rather than call him Daddy she calls out.. Jim Juniors ; ) too funny. She has been doing this for awhile.
4. This one isn't funny but she loves to make up songs. I love when she does this because she gets so into it. She closes her eyes and holds the notes and moves her hands/arms around. It's so cute and makes me cry everytime. Yesterday she sang one about how she loves her family and knows that God watches over all of us and knows that sometimes people go to heaven and look down on us. It totally melted my heart!!!
5. One night at dinner she said "mom my friend Alexis has a boyfriend" I think I choked on my food and said in a high pitched voice "A BOYFIREND???" lol I said what does a 5 year old need a boy or girl friend for. She said mom I don't know but I don't have boyfriends, I just have friends that are boys that I play with. I said good keep it that way lady!! Geez really????? 5 YEARS OLD!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment