We usually don't do too much for Valentine's Day. That morning I got a few fun festive things to surprise Olivia with.
That night we had planned on grilling out but it started raining that afternoon so we just got steaks and cooked them in the oven and had baked potatoes. I didn't feel like fighting the crowds at the restaurants. It's more fun to be at home where we can hear eachother talk. lol Jim brought Olivia home some flowers. She just thought that was so cool.
I had her a few surprises. It was just little stuff like flip flops and a running shirt and pants. I found it all on sale so I didn't spend a lot. She was so cute she said "mom I feel like it's Christmas" lol
We were sitting at dinner and Olivia said oh I forgot something. She went to her backpack and brought this to us and said "Happy Valentine's Day"
How cute is this????? It made me have tears. Her writing is so good. She spelt "and" backwards but not too bad for 5 years old ; )
Saturday morning Olivia and I got up super early and were on the road by 5:40am. Her school and daycare were closed Monday for President's Day so we decided to take a girls trip to Indiana to see my parents. Our first stop before we hit the interstate was Starbucks of course ; )
It was so beautiful once we got past Louisville. There was snow everywhere. It was even on every tree branch. It was just beautiful. When we stopped at a rest stop we were so excited to touch it. lol
It was kind of a rough trip up there really. The back roads that I take the last couple hours were pretty slick. We made it ok though. I was glad to get there. lol
Grams was pretty excited to see us too!!!
My Dad was in a meeting all day so we decided to get back in the car, lol, and head to see my Grandpa. He was really excited to see us.
Once we got back to my parents, it was time to bundle up and play in the snow. I mean it was a sea of white. So beautiful and peacecful out.
Olivia asked if she could do 88 flips in the snow. lol I think she maybe did 2 ; )
Grams and Olivia racing around the yard
After snow time it was time to go in and get warmed up and wait for my Dad to get home.
Sunday morning Dad and I got up and went for a 4 mile run in the 22 degree temps and snow covered ground. It was so fun.
It's hard to take a selfie while running. lol
After our run we changed clothes and picked up Olivia and headed to Paoli Peaks. I don't ski ( I hate it and fear that is how I will die. No joke) but they have snow tubing and let me just tell you, we had a blast. Even Olivia loved it. We went super fast down the hill. We each had to have our own tube but we could all 3 go at the same time. Here is a shot of the hill
When you get to the bottom there are these rubber mats to slow you down. Once you are done you have to take an escalator deal back up to the top of the hill. You have to take your tube with you.
I love this picture. We were just waiting in line and she laid down. So cute ; )
Almost our turn ; )
This shot turned out good considering it's just the camera on my phone.
Having fun with my baby!!!
Does it get any more adorable than this???
Here we are coming up the belt deal.
We had an absolute ball. My Dad and I were so proud of Olivia. We had to be going at least 45mph downhill in the tubes. She loved every second of it. She would put one had in the air and yell and laugh the whole way down. Too cute!! By the end of the trip she was beat down. We did this non-stop for 3 hours. She was asleep before we left the parking lot ; )
It was nice to go home for a couple of days. We got up Monday and headed back at a decent time since my parents had to work. The weekend went fast but we enjoyed it, especially since we haven't had snow here in Smyrna. We got to see plenty of it this weekend ; )
Have a great week!!






















No comments:
Post a Comment