Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th

Well my weekend started out good. On Thursday I found out my new camera finally came in!! Whoop whoop chicken nuggets. Jim went and picked it up for me. Soooo excited.

I can not believe it is July already. Gosh this year has just flown by. We stayed here for the holiday and Jim's Dad, Angie and Skyler came down for the weekend. It was nice and relaxing. We had no set plans other than wanting to see the local fireworks.

I messed around with my camera a little. I think I am in way over my head. I really have no idea what I am doing. There are so many settings and my brain just can't comprehend them. I will get there though.



I had to share a little story about the next two pictures. Notice Olivia's necklace? Well my friend Kate gave it to her. Guess who it came from? Yep, Ronnie Dunn from the country band Brooks and Dunn. It was part of Ronnie's goddie bag from the CMA's. How cool is that? Ronnie's wife didn't want it. I don't blame her, it is a little cheap for multi million dollar stars. Oh well we loved it and are so excited they told Kate to give it to one of her friends with kids. Thanks Auntie Kate ; )


Rock it out superstar!!!!!!!!!!



Saturday is when everyone got here. Olivia even got to see her mamaw and papaw Hord. They stopped by on their way home from their vacation and brought us some goodies.


Our town had the firework show Saturday night so of course o had to get all dolled up in her red, white and blue ; )

It was pretty warm out so we headed out about 6pm or so. Our town did it up right. The local park was filled with food vendors, bouncy houses and a huge stage with an awesome band. Look at this cool chick!!


She even got to play on the swings a little. She reminds me of Uncle Sam.... I WANT YOU!! HA HA




Can anyone guess if these two are related??? lol


What about these two... do they look related???? ; )






Olivia loved the fireworks!!! She thought they were loud and she plugged her ears but she thought they were pretty and was being silly saying "oh awh"


She also had her first cotton candy experience. Grandpa bought her her own bundle to eat. She loved it! I was really surprised it did not make her crazy hyper. Thank you Lord ; )


Getting ready to dig in.......... oh the anticipation

Awwhhhh pure goodness






Here are a few shots I took on the new camera. Not such a good idea to play around with a new electronic device in the dark........ I couldn't see what the heck I was doing!!!


This one turned out pretty cool. I figured out how to leave the shutter open and this is how it turned out. Kinda cool

Sunday night us and some neighbors and their friends all went to the commons area here and let off a ton of fireworks. We only bought a few but man they had tons. It was like a professional show here ; )


Olivia liked her sparklers Daddy got her. Well until one got a little warm for her on her finger and she was done. She didn't get burnt, she just didn't like the heat it put out I guess.





Olivia took this shot. She loves taking pictures. Not sure where in the world she gets that! She was taking pictures of people we don't even know. She would say "ready, set, cheese" Funny!


She also took this one of me







Even though it was warm we spent a decent amount of time outside. It wasn't too bad in the shade, especially if there was a breeze.


Olivia's new favorite shirt................
This kid is obsessed with dogs!


We had a nice weekend. A little r&r, good food and family time.

Olivia was beat down after everyone left. She was adamant I paint her nails... this is what happened while I was painting them


Poor girl. Well we thought she would go to bed early but since it sounded like WWIII here, she was up until about 10:20. Yeah her note from school today said she had troubles listening and was not allowed to participate in art time because she had such a rough day. Yep, I knew that would happen. She's always a stinker when she's tired.


Well I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend. August will be here before we know it. You know what that means people........ yep I am in full party planning mode now!!! I have already decided it is going to be a Cowgirl party. Well sadly I have had that decided for several months now. Sad I know but I love this stuff. I have many ideas brewing in my noggin ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment