Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Olivia turns 4

I knew I wanted us to take off on Olivia's actual birthday this year.  It was on a Tuesday so we decided to take off Monday and Tuesday.  Monday Olivia and I got up and went to see my co-workers new baby.  After that we grabbed lunch then it was time for her first dentist appointment.  I think you are supposed to take them at 2 but I thought that was a little silly so we settled for 4 years old ; )  Olivia did great.  I could not of been more proud of her.  She was not scared at all.  Of course I took some pictures ; )

Funny story here, when I stood up to take this picture Olivia tried to smile for the camera ; )


Since she was such a good girl she got to pick something out of the goody basket

The dentist Kimberly and the hygienist Mary.  These girls are great.  I have been going to them for about 8 years probably.  They were so good with Olivia.  Mary explained everything she would be doing before she did it.  That always seems to work for Olivia if she knows what to expect.

Monday night we took her to O'Charly's for dinner.  She loved the potato soup when she went with Janet and Bill so I thought it would be a good place to go and it was close to the house.  Well that little stinker only took one bite of her soup and would not eat anything else. 


Tuesday morning we woke up and I let Olivia open one of her birthday gifts I got her.  I got her a running watch similar to mine. I wanted her to have this now because we were all going to the park for a run.

Getting ready for our family run

After our run and playing at the park it was Starbucks time ; )

I truly enjoyed sitting with Jim and Olivia and just chilling out on a Tuesday morning.

After Starbucks we took Olivia to Claire's and let her pick out some new earrings.  Then we went to Target and just walked around taking our time.  It was nice and relaxing.  After we got home Olivia ended up taking a nap.  Jim and I got some stuff done around the house and got her birthday gifts out.  We ended up waking her up because it was getting late.  She woke up to this..........

She kept saying she wanted a red cupcake.  I bought her a red velvet one but I also bought two different kids of chocolate ones from her to choose from.



Her gift from Daddy.  Her very own real golf clubs.  These things are so stinkn' cute!!!  They were of course a weird shape and not in a box so that is why you saw blankets on the table ; )  Cheap wrapping paper ; )

And this is what she has been wanting for months....... her very own fake dog she can walk on a leash



She named her Flip Flop.  Not sure where she got that but it's cute!


Cupcake time

Oh our sweet Olivia.  I have no idea how you are 4 years old right now.  Where has the time gone? I have no idea why God blessed us with such a sweet angel but he did and we could not be more happy and proud to call you our daughter.  You absolutely are the light of our life.  Your personality lights up a room and your smile is contagious.  You are always happy and smiling and laughing at something.  You are the perfect combinations of Sass and Sweetness.  I feel like you are wise beyond your 4 years of age.  You have been an easy kid since, well when I was pregnant actually.  I had the easiest pregnancy and you have been just as easy since you were born on that wonderful day of August 28, 2008.  I know I am not the perfect mom, but please know Olivia I sure try my best.  Thank you Olivia for loving your Daddy and I unconditionally.  I love to hear you whisper to me that you love me when you first wake up in the morning.  I love how everyday you want to cuddle with us.  I wish with all my heart that we can protect you forever.  My heart breaks to think you have lost so much in your 4 short years.  Your Nana (Nancy) and your Uncle D will forever be your guardian angels.  You touched their lives more than you will ever know.

Happy Birthday our sweet sweet girl!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment