Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Life after vacation

We have been kind of busy since vacation.  Pretty much something going on every weekend.  We got back from vacation on July 7th and Olivia and I left on July 12th for Bloomington.  Here is my sweet baby on the way.  All of the sudden she said "mommy may I please say a prayer"  I just love it!!!  I had to take a picture of her sweetness!!! 



We went to Bloomington to crew for my Dad in a bicycle race across Indiana.  Since it was a bike weekend he thought Olivia could use a new bike.  She had yet to learn to ride one.  We have tried at the house many times but she just couldn't get it.  As soon as my Dad took it out of the van for her she started checking the tires.  We laughed and just thought that was so funny!!

That night we went up to St. Mary of the Woods College and stayed the night in the dorms. 


Here is Dave Tanner (my Dad's best friend), my Dad and his friend Brett.  The race was a long 160 miles.  Glad I was just driving and not riding. lol


Mom and O at one of the pit stops.  Mom made it fun for Olivia and I.  She planned on us being gone for 10 hours so she got us both a surprise for every hour!!!  Too fun.  Olivia of course loved that!!!



Here is my precious girl cheering on the riders!!! She had an absolute ball cheering for them.  She would clap and yell and say things like "good job"  "doing good"   The riders LOVED it and she put a smile on their faces.  There were 1500 riders in this race!



Here is Dad at the finish!!!  He did great!!!  Pretty impressive for a few days short of 60 ; )


We had a great time.  It was neat to see all different parts of Indiana.  It was a loooong day but a good one. 


I just have to share this, I can't stop thinking about it really!!!  We traveled many roads across the great state of Indiana.  For 11 hours we followed the directions provided by the race organizers.  Our final instruction was to end up on D street for the Finishline!!!  I mean what are the chances of that considering we are Team D (Dewayne).  The real kicker is that WDS was Dewayne's name..... Warren Dewayne Smith.  The EXACT letters on the sign!!  I started crying as soon as we pulled up to the sign.  I truly believe in signs from above and I know with all my heart that this was a sign from Dewayne that he is always with us!!!!





One night O and I went shopping for school and I got her this running outfit.  She just had to put it on then. lol  She looked adorable!!!



Another weekend we went on my friend Tina's boat.  It was us three, Amy and the kids and Tina and her family.  The kids had a ball



Olivia with Laruen and Bella


Amy's neice Chelsey and I relaxing ; )








I have been into cleaning out our closets and drawers.  I for some reason can not part with Olivia's baby crib mattress and bedding.  I decided to repurpose the mattress and make her a reading nook in her closet.  It turned out super cute.  She even slept in there one night.  lol  Annabelle likes it too!!






Olivia is doing great at riding her bike.  She is so proud of herself ; )



One weekend the three of us went to hang out with Kate at Ronnie Dunn's house.  We enjoyed the pool and a wide varity of awesome lunch goodies courtsey of the Dunn's ; )  It's rough having friends in high places.  lol



Of course everytime we go Olivia has to check out the tree swing.  It's soooooo cool



We have also been to a few birthday parties.  These three girls are funny.  One minute they love each other like sisters and the next they are fighting like cats and dogs.  lol



One of the best things we have done is one Sunday morning at breakfast Jim asked O what she wanted to do that day.  She said a family run.  So we all suited up and set out to run a mile.  We usually walk/run it but not this day!!! This day Olivia ran the ENTIRE mile without stopping.  We are soooo proud of her.  She was totally proud of herself too.  I still smile thinking about it.  The last couple hundred yards is uphill and she kept saying she couldn't do it so I started chanting "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can"  She started saying it with me and she made it the whole way!!!  WOW!!


Another weekend we went to the local splash park.  It just happen to be chilly that day so the water was not warm either.  We didn't stay long. lol




Another birthday party.  This one was super cute.  It was at a hair place for kids called Pig Tails and Crew Cuts.  The girls got their, hair, makeup and nails done and got to dress up as cowgirls.  It was super cute!!!  They had a ball



Look at Sassafras posing.  She has that leg popped up there.  She cracks me up!!!  Work it girl



On August 5th she started in the class that will be her afternoon class after Kindergarten.  It's called Kids Towne.  They played hard all day for two weeks before school started.  There was no work and naps those two weeks.  It was just fun.  This was O pretty much everyday on the way home.  Funny part is we only live 5 minutes from her daycare ; )



On August 7th I took Olivia to the Elementary where she will be starting.  She had to take a Kindergarten test.  All kids entering Kindergarten must take it.  She did awesome and scored a 98%.  We were so proud of her.  After her test I took her to Smoothie King for an afternoon treat ; )

Well that gets us caught up to 8/7 lol.  I have been enjoying every second with Olivia.  I just love her to pieces and treasure each day with her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment