Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall time in Indiana

Every year we go back to Indiana in October.  Usually Jim goes with us but these year we decided to take off on Thursday and Jim does not have as many days as I do so we went without him.  Thursday the 11th I took a half day.  I brought Olivia with me to work so I could just leave from here.  She did so well.  She is such a good little girl.  I closed my office door and she just played for 4 hours straight.  At 11am it was time to hit the road.  It was such a beautiful day for a drive.
Apparently Olivia took this of me while I was driving.  I found this picture on my cell phone. lol


My parents were very excited to see us
Thursday night we just hung out at the house and relaxed and had dinner and took Maggie on a walk.

Friday morning Dad had to work and us girls got up and had breakfast at Panera then headed to Edinburgh shopping Outlets.  We had such a good time.  It was a little windy and chilly but it was great shopping weather.  Olivia some how convinced me to fit my big butt on the buzz light year ride. lol  The machine probably didn't work for the next kid. lol

She wasn't as successful at convincing Grams to get on the fire truck.  lol


After shopping we went to the house and had pizza and just hung out.  Shopping can wear a girl out. lol
We actually were a little silly and had fun stuffing some pumpkins with candy
I told Mom we are a hot mess.   I called her limpy witch since her point to her hat is down.  I look like I am poking out a pregnant belly, NO people I am not pregnant! Apparently I ate too much candy or something ; )  And Olivia looks like an half faced witch ; )

Olivia casting an evil spell on us.   lol


Even Maggie participated.  ha ha 




Saturday we got up and headed over to my Papaw's for awhile.  It was good to see him.

Picking tomatoes in the garden

Olivia has to be the sassiest Gardner I have ever seen. lol  I remember when I was little Papaw would always tell me I was a city girl and not a country girl.  Well I think sassy pants here has me beat.  At least I never wore sparkly clothes on the farm. lol 

After visiting with Papaw we headed back to Bloomington.  We celebrated my Mom's birthday since it was today, the 13th.  I know today, along with every day, was especially hard for my Mom.  It was only the second time ever that Dewayne was not with us to celebrate her birthday.  The other time was when he was in Iraq.  Mom was all smiles but I know she was trying to hide the pain and the hurt she was feeling.

To keep the day fun and keep Olivia occupied we went to a pumpkin farm.  Can you find Olivia?  ha ha



Sandy, Sherry and Becky came with us ; ) 









The pumpkin gals ; )





Two of my favorite people in the whole world ; )  Love you guys!!!!

Olivia trying a persimmon right off the tree.  She actually liked it too!

The jeep ride back.  It was so beautiful to see all the pretty leaves

If you stare at this picture long enough it makes you feel like you are moving.  Well it did me anyway. lol

Sunday we got up and Dad and I ran a 5k race.  It was a run for the Animals.  I was excited to run another race with my Dad.  I actually felt like complete and utter shit during this race.  Not sure what happened.  I mean I felt like I just started running the day before.  So weird.  I guess it boils down to me not eating the best in the last couple of days.  I was mad at myself because I had to stop twice and walk for a second.  In my eyes that is failure.  Not sure how but I did beat my best time by 3minutes.  I have no idea how that happened but I am still not happy about it.  What is wrong with me????  Anyway, thanks Dad for running the race with me.  I am looking so forward to the Mini Marathon in May ; )

 

It was a nice trip home.  Still seems strange at times to be there and not hang out with Dewayne.  We all miss him more than we could ever explain.  I know he is with us everyday though.  There have been a couple of things that has happened that are signs he is with us.  I take great comfort in that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment