Thursday, October 18, 2012

River Rocks - Chattanooga

I am a little behind in blogging.  Not sure what happened.  So what's been going on with us?  Just enjoying the fall weather really.  It has been awesome here for several weeks and we are loving it.  Hard to believe October is more than half way over!!


On October 2nd Olivia had her 4 year check up.  The Doctor said she was perfect and growing just like she should.  She weighs 37lbs and is 3 feet 4 inches tall.  She did not have to get shots this year so she was very excited.  Here she is waiting on the doctor to come in.....


Friday the 5th we took the day off to join my Dad in Chattanooga for the River Rocks festival.  He was flying the Oliver Winery balloon again this year.  Friday morning Dad and I woke up and went for a run.  It was nice to run with him.  I felt bad because I run so much slower than him but it still was nice to spend that time with him.  I bet he never thought he would be running over 3 miles with me ; ) lol   After we showered and cleaned up it was time to head out.  We dropped the dogs off at the kennel then made a pit stop at Starbucks then we hit the road.   

Friday night we did a balloon glow.  Here we are playing at the fountain at the park

I am man her me ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!   lol



Olivia totally looks like she is riding this horse.  This picture cracks me up

Not sure what she was doing here but it's funny



So this was our 3rd year at the River Rocks festival and each year I have taken a picture of Olivia on the stone turtle.  Look how much she has changed and grown up
                               
                               2010

                                 2011

                  2012
She is growing up way too fast!!!

Time to get the balloon out

My Dad walked Olivia through the inflated balloon.  She was not sure about this but ended up thinking it was pretty funny.

After the flight we went to the Bluegrass Festival they were having.  Man that thing was jam packed full of people.  We brought our blankets and listened to music, ate and drank wine.  It was a good evening.

Saturday morning the flight was cancelled due to the wind.  Oh darn ; ) lol  We got to sleep in and then go to the Aquarium for the day.  We went two years ago but it was still cool to go back. 




Can you believe Jim went on a ballooning trip???  I think it's his first one in 10 years.  lol

Olivia actually touched the fur of a dead possum.  NASTY!!!! 






After the Aquarium we went back and let Olivia take a little nap.  She was tired from all the walking.

After nap time we headed back to the field for the balloon glow.  We had some time before it started so we rode the Carousal again this year.  Too much fun!



I was taking a family picture through the mirrors ; )

Here is Mark, my Dad's chase guy.  I mean have you ever seen two grown ass straight men having so much fun on a Carousal???  I haven't either. lol  





Olivia actually got in the basket and hit the burner buttons.  I couldn't believe it!!!





Sunday morning we actually got to fly.  My Dad fly Mark for the first time so me, Jim and Olivia chased for them.  It was a great morning.  Here is O at the champagne ceremony.  Of course hers is just oj  ; )

Time to pack up and head back home.  She looks like such a big girl here


We had a really good time.  I always enjoy the Chattanooga event.

No comments:

Post a Comment