Sunday, January 6, 2013

Life Lessons

(this was drafted a couple of weeks ago, I just never posted it because I didn't have the pictures ready )

Not a whole lot going on around here.  Hard to believe a week from now is Christmas.  Do you have your shopping done yet?  I do not ; )  I still need to get Jim a few things.  I am not real excited about anything I got him this year.  I normally have the one item I am super excited about but not this year.  I had two last year and none this year.  I should have saved one of those for this year. lol

I actually got my presents wrapped the other day.  Took awhile but I am done.  I use to love wrapping but not so much any more.  I like a good gift bag.  lol  I tried to not use as many of those this year.  I wanted to do the more traditional wrapping.  About 3 hours into it I started second guessing myself.  lol

Here is Olivia last week with Santa at school.  She did fine but was not as excited as I thought she would be.  The Santa at school is just about the best looking one I have seen in years.




Sooooo cute.  She told him she wanted a Lalaloopsy Doll and Light up shoes.  She totally forgot to tell him she wanted the Kindle Fire. lol 

I just wanted to document this so when I am old and look back on this I can maybe say to myself "good job Chas and Jim"    So Olivia has had troubles listening at school for about the last month.  Everyday they send home a behavior sheet and everyday she has been on red and yellow, which are not good.  The notes always say "hard time listening today"  "playing around at circle time"  "talking to friends while the teacher is talking" 

We have had so many talks with her and have started getting more strict with certain things.  We have been taking away chocolate after dinner, taking away a few toys, taking away earrings and early bed time.  None of this has worked really.  She says she just doesn't want to go to school that she just wants to stay home with us.  It melts our hearts but obviously that is not an option.

Thursday at work I got a call from her teacher telling me how Olivia was not listening and disrupting the class.  I am like holy shit she is 4, I never thought I would get a call at this age.  I know the teacher just did it to scare Olivia because Olivia was in ear shot.  That night she went to bed early and didn't get to go to doggy school with Annabelle and I. 

Friday I thought about her all day at work.  I just knew when I picked her up that she had a good day.
WRONG!!!!!   She not only didn't listen all day but she snuck markers to her cot at nap time and colored all over the sheet the school provides for their cots.  I was furious to say the least.  Jim and I talked about it and talked to her about disrespecting other people's property.  We decided she needed to learn a lesson so we made her take $10 out of the money she has earned at home and on Monday she was to go to Mr. Barry, the owner, and pay him and explained herself and tell them she was sorry. 

So when I got to the school Monday night I explained to Barry what was about to happen.  I was going to go get Olivia out of her class and she was coming in there with $10 and he was to act shocked and take the money.  He of course didn't want the money but I told him to keep it and do whatever with it.  After I signed Olivia out we got into the hall and I said "do you remember what you are to do tonight"  She said yes pay Mr. Barry.  She said but mommy you tell him why.  I said no Olivia you must tell him but I will stand there with you.  We walked into his office and he said "yes Olivia do you need something"  She stood there quiet for about a minute then she handed him the $10.  He said "what is this for"  She said "because I colored on your sheet and I am sorry"  He said "well that's ok Olivia I am glad you did the right thing.  He said "I didn't know you colored on the sheet but now I do because you were honest and are taking care of your mistake"  He told her she was a good girl and try to always make the right choices.  I could not have been happier with the way things turned out.  I also felt good because Mr. Barry and Olivia's teacher told me what a good mom I am. 

We hope this taught Olivia to never disrespect other people's property.  We are still in shock she did such a thing.  Not really sure what has gotten into her lately.  She is such a good girl at home and when we are out and about.  I really think she just wants to be at home.  I feel sorry for her.  I know she likes her school and her friends and teachers but she is just like most of us working people...........we would rather be at home any day than be at work if money wasn't an issue ; ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment