Sunday, January 6, 2013

Olivia's first program

Holy cow when I found out Olivia's class would be doing a Christmas program, I was excited beyond words!!!  I absolutely could not wait to see a group of 4 year olds singing.  Nothing sounds more precious ; )  The program was at 10:45am on Friday 12/7.  Jim and I both knew immediately we were taking the day off.  We were not going to miss this for the world!!! 

The kids were to wear Christmas colors if they could.  Well of course you know we have several Christmas outfits so we were in good shape.  he he ; )  


I dropped her off at school then headed home and went for a 5 mile run.  This is only the second time I have ran that far.  The first time was at the Smyrna 5miler.  I must say I felt great and my average time was 9:30 a mile which makes me super happy ; )  I am getting better for sure, not to mention it's easier to go faster when it's not 95 outside!!

We were the dorky parents that sat in the front row and had the camera, video camera and phone for pictures.  lol  We did not want to miss a second of the program.  The kids looked so cute coming in.  You could totally tell some of them were so nervous. 






This was one of the most precious things I have ever seen.  As soon as they started singing I started crying.  I mean I had to talk myself into calming down.  All I could think of was how blessed we are to have such a healthy perfect angel.  I am so glad that God chose Jim and I and trusts enough to raise this little girl.  Words can't really explain the emotions I was feeling at that moment.  
Olivia did fantastic.  She was not nervous or shy at all.  She remembered most of the words and movements with each song.  It only lasted about 15 minutes but I can honestly say it was one the best 15 minutes of my life and I will NEVER forget it!!!
After the program.  She looked so cute and was proud of herself.

After Olivia's program was over Jim and I headed out for a Jim and Chas day ; )  We did feel guilty leaving Olivia at school.  She wanted to come with us but we wanted to do some shopping for her so we knew she couldn't come with us.  She was fine though.  We told her we would pick her up early.  We went to Caraba's for lunch.  It was nice to have steak and wine at 11:30 on a Friday ; )  After that we did a little shopping then headed to Walmart for groceries then to pick up our Star ; )  It was a fun day and so relaxing.  I loved every second of it!!!  We decided we WILL be taking more Jim and Chas days in the future!!!


That night Olivia and I did a little Christmas shopping.  She has been wanting Christmas earrings so I took her to Claire's to pick some out.  She found some dangle ones that jingle.  She was sooooo excited.  We had to put them on immediately ; )  Oh and I had to pull her hair back so people could see them ; )



Saturday we woke up to kind of a rainy morning.  Perfect for having every Xmas light on in the house, some Xmas music and Sana's pretty little helper........

Oh and some coffee and Mimosa's ; )     aaawwwhhhh what a perfect morning!!!
Saturday we were lazy and relaxed around the house until about 4pm I finally decided to do my one task I wanted to do this weekend and that was clean up Olivia's toys in the living room.  Not sure how they got so messy but we put everyone of them in a new spot and we can see our floor by her toy box again.  lol


Sunday we did housework and this little cutie patuttie sat outside barefoot on a December day eating ice cream.  It was that warm.  Just doesn't seem right!!!!


Sunday night after bath and dinner we made, or I should say baked, Xmas shaped sugar cookies.  I mean these were just break n' bakes, I put forth no effort other than taking them out of the package. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment